Lara Meisner-Final Project Paragraph

Lara Meisner
Paragraph about Final Project
Photo 202



            I am photographing storefronts/restaurant fronts. I am interested in photographing these types of locations because they remind me of first impressions. When we see people for the first time, we tend to make assumptions about them and follow the cliché by “judging a book by its cover.” We don’t only do this with people though. We do this with actual books, houses, movies, and storefronts/restaurant fronts. My goal for this project is to make my viewers want to walk into the place I photographed and get to know it better; just like they would with a person if they started talking to them, or a book if they looked past the cover. I will continue to make work over multiple weeks by finding more and more storefronts to photograph while trying to make them look more interesting than they may seem. For my outcome, I expect my images to become more interesting and eventually I’d like to figure out how to turn each storefront/restaurant front into a lasting first impression.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brianna Barker - Style Photography Paragraphs